Online Service Platform myConnect
Central Platform for a Wide Range of Services
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery GmbH, Schwaig, Germany, has developed a web-based software solution to provide its customers with a central platform for a wide range of services. The modular myConnect system will open up access to a full range of online services from the injection molding machinery manufacturer.
The standard package of modular service products in myConnect contains five modules:
- mySupport basic provides online support: Machine operators can request help from Sumitomo (SHI) Demag at any time from the machine’s control system, a PC or a mobile device. This allows Sumitomo Demag to connect remotely to the machine, carry out an accurate analysis and quickly resolve the problem.
- myDocumentation allows customers to call up all the documentation about their machine at the touch of a button. At the same time, the system checks whether any updates exist at Sumitomo (SHI) Demag headquarters. This means the customer always has the very latest documentation.
- myPartsShop allows customers to order spare parts online. The spare parts catalogue is tailored to each machine. This ensures that machine operators can quickly and confidently select the spare parts they need.
- myLifeCycleLog records all key events and provides customers with a complete history of every single machine.
- myConnectApp allows customers to track their production from any location.
Additional services that go beyond the five standard modules are available as modular service packages. These include mySupport premium for online support 24/7; myProduction for visualizing and monitoring the status of all machines in a company or production network; myAlarming for online notification of special events; myReporting for generating individual reports and documentation; myMaintenance for managing maintenance and service activities; myApplicationExpert for conducting online conferences and integrating video transmissions or VNC connections; and mySelfService for online support using smart glasses.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag provides its customers with safety-certified software for operating the myConnect modules. This is an important requirement for operators of sophisticated production plants who need to ensure their sensitive data is securely stored at all times. Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s partner in this project has been awarded the TÜViT Trusted Product Certificate.
From the second quarter of 2018, the company plans to deliver all its machines with network-compatible equipment, and also with the option of wireless connectivity.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery GmbH
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
You know the trade name but want to know the material manufacturer, type of polymer and delivery form? Search here!