Best-in-Class Uniform Distribution of Irradiance
Atlas Material Testing Technology, Mount Prospect, IL/USA, announces its next generation instrument in xenon-arc weathering testing - the Ci4400 Weather-Ometer. This water-cooled, rotating-rack instrument replaces Atlas' popular Ci4000 model.
The Ci4400 meets or exceeds all common weathering test standards. The instrument has an assortment of common pre-programmed test methods as well as custom test slots. The filtered xenon-arc lamps used in the Ci4400 Weather-Ometer have been globally recognized for years to be the best artificial light source in replicating real- life product failures in a laboratory under accelerated and reproducible conditions. Additional features include:
- Best-in-class uniform distribution of irradiance, temperature, and humidity within the entire exposure area
- 10% increase in specimen capacity within the same footprint as the Ci4000
- Larger, more intuitive touch screen user interface
- More efficient air flow for better tier-to-tier and within-tier uniformity
- Optional sensor to measure irradiance, chamber temperature, and relative humidity at the specimen exposure plane
- New industrial design with larger chamber door that allows for better access for routine maintenance and cleaning
- Improved rotating specimen rack with removable sections
- Tilting screen for easier viewing at different operator heights
- Easy-to-see status indicator light
- Fold-out tray to accommodate sample racks, lamps, filters, or log books
- Improved PID control of parameters for greater reproducibility
- New deionized water cooling system for greater reliability
Atlas Material Testing Technology
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
You know the trade name but want to know the material manufacturer, type of polymer and delivery form? Search here!