Adaptive Process System (APS)
Melt Delivery Control Technology Enhanced
Milacron Holdings Corp. announced its new Adaptive Process System (APS) for its Mold-Masters melt delivery control technologies. The new APS will now be used in Milacron’s entire core controls products, including hot runner controllers, E-Drive, Sequential Valve Gate, SEVG, E-Multi, SmartMold, and any future controls developments.
The improved APS features a number of propriety technologies including an adaptive auto tuning heat control as well as an adaptive motor control with auto tuning for maintaining precise linear movement. The APS technology will solve a number of common issues injection molders face including the ability for the system to adapt to difficult engineering materials, high pressure, small shot size, high viscosity and electrical environment variations. The APS’s ability to self-adjust speed to maintain 0.1F control accuracy, adaptive control low mass – high watt density nozzle and auto staged heating system will ensure perfect parts every cycle.
Other highlights of the APS include:
- Short circuit protection
- Auto even heat to ensure proper thermo expansion
- Auto softstart and continuous GND fault detection
- Auto-TC slave, Auto-Purge
- Intelligence leak detection
- Auto alarm with water flow system that includes flow, temperature and pressure measuring
- SVG with auto diagnostic and precise valve pin position monitor plus speed monitoring
- Sample – Analyze – Execute – Feedback close loop process control
- All features utilize fully integrated IO alarms for mold and machine protection
Plastics Machinery Americas Headquarters
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
You know the trade name but want to know the material manufacturer, type of polymer and delivery form? Search here!