A Solution to Accommodate Niche Brands
Husky Presents NexPET
NexPET is a flexible mid-volume system purpose-built to quickly and easily produce just the right output for multiple preform designs.
Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd., Bolton, Ontario/Canada, has launched its new NexPET system – a mid-volume PET preform molding solution purpose-built to help producers introduce multiple new applications into the market more quickly and cost-effectively than ever before.
The NexPET system is engineered to enable both established and emerging producers be more competitive by better responding to evolving consumer preferences – while achieving high levels of value, flexibility, reliability and sustainability. For established producers, NexPET delivers an agile, reliable solution to accommodate niche brands or smaller run SKUs. For emerging producers, it is a proven, cost-effective solution that enables fast, low-risk entry into markets.
“Consumers are increasingly demanding more personalized products catered to their unique lifestyles and tastes. The global climate created by Covid-19 has amplified this trend, forcing many producers to rapidly adapt operations to scale up new applications like hand sanitizer, disinfectant and other health, personal care or cleaning related products,” said Robert Domodossola, Husky’s President of Rigid Packaging. “Taking into consideration feedback from our customers, as well as assessing the current market landscape, we saw the need for a more flexible, adaptable PET preform molding solution. As we present NexPET to the market I look forward to continuing the conversation with our customers to gain an even better understanding of what solutions they need to remain successful and competitive – even during these unprecedented times.”
The NexPET system supports a wider variety of applications, more SKUs, shorter production runs and more frequent design changeovers. It can run up to a 48-cavity mold and is equipped with a number of unique features to enable producers to be more productive and adaptable, including:
- Up to 25% faster mold changeovers to support a multiple preform design environment.
- Choice of different screw diameters.
- “Reflex” PET clamp to distribute the right amount of force and maximizing mold life.
- Rotating end of arm tool with up to three cooling positions to ensure preforms are ejected at ideal temperatures.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use controls that enable fast set-up, maximized uptime, optimal energy management and central control of auxiliaries.
- Adaptive system pressure automatically adjusts oil pressure to suit specific applications while conserving energy.
- Capability to run recycled PET pellets and varying quantity of flakes, supporting sustainability initiatives.
More information: husky.co/nexpet
Husky Injection Molding Systems S.A.
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
You know the trade name but want to know the material manufacturer, type of polymer and delivery form? Search here!