back to top
My wish lists
Save your wish list
If you want to add more content to your wish list, simply log in. If you do not have a user account, please register for the Hanser Customer Center.

» Do you already have a user account? Please log in here.
» Don't have a user account yet? Please register here.
Your wish lists
If you want to use your wish list during your next visit, simply log in. If you do not have a user account, please register for the Hanser Customer Center.
» Do you already have a user account? Please log in here.
» Don't have a user account yet? Please register here.

« Back

Your advantages at a glance

  • One login for all Hanser portals
  • Individual home page for faster access to preferred content
  • Exclusive access to selected content
  • Personal wish lists on all portals
  • Central management of your personal information and newsletter subscriptions

Register now
Deutsch
Bookmark Bookmarked
10-17-2016

Wittmann Group Takes Over Korean Agency

Chong Kim (© Wittmann)

Chong Kim (© Wittmann)

As of November this year, the Wittmann Group will take over Petra Corp., its current agency in Korea, integrating it into the group as a separate sales and service subsidiary trading as Wittmann Battenfeld Korea Ltd. In response to the positive development of the Korean market, the Wittmann Group has decided to cultivate this market more intensively than before. For this purpose, the former agency Petra Corp. is being taken over. The takeover activities are currently under way. From mid-October onwards, the future subsidiary will have an additional hall with 300 m² of floor space at its disposal for machine demonstrations, training courses and equipment storage.

Wittmann Battenfeld Korea Ltd. currently employs six workers. Recruitment of additional staff is planned for the immediate future. The management will remain in the hands of the former agency’s Managing Director, Chong Kim, who has already contributed substantially to the past success of the Wittmann Group in the Korean market.

Korea is primarily the home of a strong automobile and electronics industry, but the packaging and cosmetics sectors and the consumer goods industry also take up significant shares of the market. The total market volume for injection molding machines amounts to roughly 2000 machines per year, with about 30% of this volume delivered directly to Korea and the remaining 70% being required by Korean companies for their facilities outside Korea.

Company profile

Wittmann Battenfeld GmbH

Wiener Neustädter Str. 81
AT 2542 KOTTINGBRUNN/N.Ö.
Tel.: +43 2252 404-0
Fax: +43 2252 404-1062

Newsletter

Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?

Subscribe here

Subscribe here

Job Advertisements

Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!

Job Advertisements

Patents Stimulate Innovation

Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.

Patents