Winners of “Tell Us Your #Moldex3DStory” Announced
CoreTech System Co., Ltd. (Moldex3D) from Taiwan, provider of plastic injection molding simulation solutions, announced the winners of the 4th Global Innovation Talent Award under the theme of “Tell Us Your #Moldex3DStory.” This global competition recognizes Moldex3D customers that best demonstrate Moldex3D solutions’ values and offerings to the overall manufacturing process and outcome.
The company Foxlink Image Technology was selected as the Global Grand Prize winner for sharing the story about applying Moldex3D simulation solutions in the development process of four scanner components, in which Moldex3D helped predict potential short shots in a scanner cover, and guided Foxlink to identify fiber orientation as the leading cause of the warpage in an existing mold so as to implement appropriate countermeasure.
Their story has demonstrated the power of virtual simulation to provide not only analysis data but actionable insights to ensure the best production outcomes. Other regional winning entries also showcased successful deployment of Moldex3D solutions to tackle complex moldmaking challenges, ranging from solving flow marks in sport watch straps to preventing core shift during the manufacture of a screwdriver handle.
“Our customers’ success has always been the main driving force behind Moldex3D’s continuous innovations and breakthroughs,” said RY Chang, CEO of CoreTech System. “We are excited and proud to see that the value of Moldex3D simulation has been reflected in the success of our customers, and we are looking forward to working with our customers to elevate our simulation capabilities to the next level.”
Winners all around the Globe
Global Grand Prize: Foxlink Image Technology Co., Ltd.: Andy Chen, Steven Chang, Ian Weng, Shark Hsu, Benson Tsai “Using Moldex3D in Designing Scanner Part Components”
- First Prize: Stanley Black & Decker: Bob Scillia, William Lai, Frank Tsai “Predicting Tooling Problems before Production”
- Second Prize: Extreme Tool and Engineering: Anthony Denny, Eldon Leidich “Moldex3D’s Role in Advanced Manufacturing at Extreme”
- Third Prize: Stanley Engineered Fastening: Naga V Subhash Battini, Ryan Ostach “Mold Flow Filling Study”
- First Prize: Dr. Schneider: Przemyslaw Narowski “Moldex3D – The New Quality in Design of Car Interiors in Dr. Schneider Automotive”
- Second Prize: University of Kassel: Mike Tromm “Simulation of High Pressure Foam Injection Molding with Local Core-back”
- Third Prize: Erteco: Hampus Johansson “Reinforcement of Plastic Boat Propeller with Carbon Fibre Tape”
- Honorable Mention: Slovak University of Technology– Faculty of Materials Science and Technology: Miroslav Košík “Application of Moldex3D in Reduction of Injection Moulded Part Warpage using Advanced Gas Assisted Injection Moulding”
Greater China Region
- First Prize: TYC Brother Industrial Co., Ltd.: Nan-Jung Huang “CAE Simulation Helps to Eliminate Air Traps in Multi-shot Molded Automotive Light Covers”
- Second Prize: TomTom and Hsuhta Enterprise Co., Ltd.: Enoch Chen “Use of Moldex3D to Solve Flow Marks in Watch Straps”
- Third Prize: Zeng Hsing Industrial Co. Ltd.: Hsin-Hao-Lin, Yung-Tse Cheng, Chun-Ju Chen, Shu-Yi Kuo, Chia-Hao Wu, Chung-Yao Hung “Leading Sewing Machine Manufacturer Uses Moldex3D to Minimize Deformation”
- Honorable Mention: Beijing University of Chemical Technology: Hai-Chao Liu “Moldex3D Helped Ensure the Bottle Cap Achieved Dimensional Accuracy”
- Honorable Mention: Gizmo Plastics Tech. Co., Ltd.: Feng-Yi Yen, Yi-Da Huang, Ming-Hsien Hung, Shih-Wei Tseng “Moldex3D Simulation Helps Reduce Warpage in an Outboard Fuel Filter Part”
- Honorable Mention: Audix Corporation: Shih-Tsun Huang, Chun-Lai Zhang, Zhao-Fu Ding, Yao Yao “Using Moldex3D to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Conformal Cooling in Resolving Sprue Cooling Problem”
Asia Pacific Region
- First Prize: Kopla: Daekyung Kim, Yong-gil Lee, Seonhee An, Haekook Sung “Cooling Time Reduction for Thermostat Housing”
- Second Prize: Berry Plastics: Kannan Ramakrishnan, Kiran D’Silva “Berry Plastics Achieves Cost Savings through Injection Molding Simulation”
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.