SPE Automotive Names Award Winners
The Automotive Division of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) International yesterday announced the category and Grand Award winners for its 39th-annual Automotive Innovation Awards Competition.
- Category Body Exterior: Exterior spoiler with integrated CHMSL assembly (General Motors Co., ABC Group, Sabic Innovative Plastics)
- Category Body Interior: Plastic post-isolation for automotive HVAC blower motors (General Motors Co., Delphi Corp., Martech Polycom)
- Category Chassis & Hardware: Electric power-steering flexible coupling (Fiat S.p.A., Nexteer Automotiv/Forteq, DSM)
- Category Environmental: Radiator end tank from renewably sourced material (Toyota Motor Co., Denso Corp., DuPont Automotive)
- Category Materials: Door panel from natural-fiber preg composite (BMW, Dräxlmaier Group, BASF, J. Dittrich & Söhne)
- Category Performance & Customization: Illuminated door-sill insert using single-LED light engine (Ford Motor Co., Innotec Group, Altuglas, Sabic Innovative Plastics, Serigraph)
- Category Powertrain: Oil pan optimized for stone impact (Ford Motor Co., Dana, BASF)
- Category Process / Assembly / Enabling Technologies: Automotive plastic-case radio with insert-molde EMC shielding (General Motors Co., Delphi E&S, MRC)
- Category Safety: Pedestrian-protection-compliant front fender (Ford Motor Co., Montaplast, Sabic Innovative Plastics)
- Category Hall of Fame: First thermoplastic body panels (General Motors Corp., Buick Factory 8, GE Plastics (now Sabic Innovative Plastics)
In addition, the team responsible for the Process / Assembly / Enabling Technologies category winner – the automotive plastic-case radio with insert-molded EMC shielding – received the Grand Award, the most prestigious honor of the evening.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.