SPE: Automotive Innovation Awards Winners
During their annual Automotive Innovations Awards Gala the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) announced the winners of the 38th SPE Automotive Awards Competition. This year’s winners included the following nominations:
- Process/Assembly/Enabling Technologies + Grand Award: Twin-Sheet Blow-Molded Fuel System by BMW AG, Inergy Automotive Systems & Continental and LyondellBasell, Kurray, Mitsui & Ticona
- Body Exterior: Integrated Rocker Molding / Running Board System by Ford Motor Co., ABC Group and Salflex Polymers Ltd.
- Body Interior: Integrated Floor Shifter / Front Console by Ford Motor Co., Automotive Component Holdings and Nova Chemical
- Chassis/Hardware/Powertrain: Oil Pan Module by Daimler AG, G. Bruss GmbH and DuPont Automotive
- Environmental: Soy Foam Automotive Seat Cushions by Ford Motor Co. and Lear Corp.
- Materials: TPE for Slush Molding of IP Skins by General Motors Corp. and Inteva Products
- Performance & Customization: Hood Assembly with Dual-Weave Carbon Fiber Composite by General Motors Corp., Plasan Carbon Composites and ETS & ACG
- Safety: Polystyrene Foam for Head-Impact Protection by Ford Motor Co., Grupo Antolin North America and Dow Automotive
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.