SolVin: PVC Innovation Awards 2010
SolVin, a joint venture of Solvay (75%) and BASF (25%), named the winners of the 2010 SolVin Award for PVC Innovation during the K2010 in Düsseldorf. In this fourth awarding ceremony of the SolVin Award, the jury honoured innovations which highlight the decisive contribution of vinyl to sustainable development combining environmental efficiency, creativity in design and improvements to quality of life.
- The Gold SolVin Award of EUR 50,000 goes to Georg Fischer Deka (Germany) for its innovative photo bioreactors based on 100% transparent PVC pipes and fittings to grow micro algae.
- The Silver SolVin Award of EUR 25,000 goes to Rohm and Haas (France) for SureCel: a breakthrough in Processing Aid Technology aiming at saving 20% of material in Foamed PVC profiles.
- The Bronze SolVin Award of EUR 10,000 goes to Alkor Draka (France) for the Highest Fire Resistance Stretched Ceilings in PVC with zero smoke emission.
- The Recycling SolVin Award of EUR 7,500 goes to Profine (Germany) for their Window and Door System KBE System_88mm. This window is made of up to 50% of recycled PVC and by its conception achieves spectacular energy savings particularly interesting for passive houses.
- The Creative Design SolVin Award of EUR 7,500 goes to Molusk (France) for their Aquatic jewellery.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.