back to top
My wish lists
Save your wish list
If you want to add more content to your wish list, simply log in. If you do not have a user account, please register for the Hanser Customer Center.

» Do you already have a user account? Please log in here.
» Don't have a user account yet? Please register here.
Your wish lists
If you want to use your wish list during your next visit, simply log in. If you do not have a user account, please register for the Hanser Customer Center.
» Do you already have a user account? Please log in here.
» Don't have a user account yet? Please register here.

« Back

Your advantages at a glance

  • One login for all Hanser portals
  • Individual home page for faster access to preferred content
  • Exclusive access to selected content
  • Personal wish lists on all portals
  • Central management of your personal information and newsletter subscriptions

Register now
Deutsch
Bookmark Bookmarked
08-24-2006

Solvay: Fluorochemicals Production in China

Solvay has signed an agreement with Zhejiang Lantian Environmental Protection Hi-Tech Co. Ltd for the creation of a joint venture for the production and supply of hydrogen fluoride (HF), an essential building block for many high-value added fluorinated products.

Pending the relevant regulatory approvals, the joint venture is scheduled to start operating in 2007, under the name Zhejiang Lansol Fluorchem Co. Ltd. The production unit, with a total annual production capacity of 20.000 tonnes, will be located in the Zhejiang Quzhou Hi-Tech Industrial Park, some 500 kilometres south-west of Shanghai. Lantian will own 70% of the joint venture, while Solvay will hold the remaining 30%.The total amount of the investment will not be released.

The production of Lansol is essentially aimed at fulfilling the needs of Lantian and Solvay for their downstream activities, such as Solvay’s future production facility for fluorinated chemical specialties in Onsan, South Korea, which is scheduled to start operations in 2007. Solvay has also recently announced the creation of a new world-class fluorinated polymer production unit in Changshu, China, which will be operational in the second half of 2007 and could rapidly expand by adding more products to its specialty polymer production capabilities.

additional links
Newsletter

Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?

Subscribe here

Subscribe here

Job Advertisements

Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!

Job Advertisements

Patents Stimulate Innovation

Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.

Patents