Plastics Pipe Institute Announces Award Winners
During its recent annual meeting in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, the Plastics Pipe Institute, Inc. (PPI) announced recipients of awards through its yearly recognition program honoring significant industry contributions and professional achievements. Three individual members and six member-company projects were acknowledged for exceptional service and significant accomplishments involving the use of various types of plastics in pipe infrastructure. PPI is the major trade association representing all segments of the plastic pipe industry.
The Award process involves members recognizing other members – peers respecting peers - for efforts to improve infrastructure and to advance plastics for pipe of all kinds. Presented during the May 3 - 6 meeting, the PPI Projects of the Year are:
- Building and Construction Division: École Secondaire Jeunes sans Frontiers (Secondary School for Youth Without Frontiers), Ontario, realized by PPI member company Rehau, Leesburg, VA; and San Diego State University Aztec Center, realized by PPI member company Uponor, Apple Valley, MN.
- Conduit Division: Ameren's O'Fallon Renewable Energy Center, realized by PPI member company Southwire Company, Carrollton, GA.
- Corrugated Plastic Pipe Division: ConAgra Foods Dry Foods Distribution Center Project, realized by PPI member company Prinsco, Inc., Willmar, MN.
- Energy Piping Systems Division: Polyamide 11 Piping System for Landfill Gas Project, realized by PPI member company Arkema, Inc., King of Prussia, PA.
- Municipal & Industrial Division: Calder Road 39-Inch Waterline Replacement Project, realized by PPI member company ISCO Industries, Louisville, KY.
For a detailed description of the projects and a list of the elected PPI Members of the Year visit the website of the Plastic Pipe Institute.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.