JEC: Innovation Awards 2008
The JEC Group’s 2008 Innovation Awards Programme will reward eight companies and their partners on 1st April during a special evening at the Louvre Museum in Paris, France. This year’s winners are:
- Category Aeronautics & Space: Resin-infused wing control surfaces for the Boeing 787. Presented by Hawker de Havilland Aerospace Pty Ltd (AU)
- Category Ground Transport & Automotive: Tailgate assembly for the new Smart models. The first industrial application for E-LFT technology, a one-shot mass-production process for structural parts. Presented by Esoro (CH) and Weber Fibertech (DE)
- Category Construction & Equipment: Fire-insulation panels along with a full assembly and mounting system. Presented by Ayres Composite Panels (AU)
- Category Environment: Basic molding process using local agro-resources and minerals combined with a thermoset resin. Presented by Agro-Resources Technologies (IN) with Sumangali Seva Ashrama (IN)
- Category Process: Electrically-heated carbon-fiber mold. Presented by the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Dortmund (DE)
- Category Sports & Leisure: 2008 version of the WaveRunner SHO and HO personal watercraft using the lightweight NanoXcel composite material. Presented by Yamaha Watercraft Group (USA)
- Category Software: Precimold tool design software. Presented by Advanced Composites Group (UK)
JEC is devoted to the promotion of composite materials, it supports the development of composites through the dissemination of knowledge and the promotion of exchanges between suppliers and users.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.