JEC Awards Innovators in Building & Construction
Composites use in building and construction will be highlighted at JEC Group's newest event dedicated to this specific branch of the composites industry next month in Chicago, IL, USA. Following its strategy to address every composites end-user, the JEC Group called for submissions for their Innovation Awards to promote the growing use of composites as a construction material.
If the majority of submissions relied on glass fibers, which is common in the construction field, the organizers saw an increased interest in carbon fibers, especially for structural applications. And similarly to all sectors of the composite industry, thermoplastics are gaining in importance in construction.
The JEC Innovation Awards Chicago 2017 ceremony will take place at McCormick Place, Chicago, on June 20, 2017, and the six winners are:
- Building – Owens Corning, France: GFRP for Urban Renewal Challenge
- Civil Engineering – Biteam, Sweden: Highly Integrated Ductile Reinforced Carbon Composite I-Beam
- Structural Cladding – Premier Composite Technologies, United Arab Emirates: Structural FRP Composite Panel with Moulded Ultra-High Performance Concrete Finish
- Repair – DowAksa Advanced Composites, Turkey: Full-Scale Site Testing of Seismic Retrofit
- Design – Optima Projects Ltd,United Kingdom: Free-Form Structural FRP Roof without Moulds
- Energy – Armageddon Energy, United States: SolarClover Advanced Solar Panels
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.