Jabil Packaging Solutions Invests in New European Customer Center
Jabil Packaging Solutions, a global leader in value-added packaging, announced that it will invest in a new European customer engagement and innovation center in Tortosa, Spain. The planned 5800 m2 facility demonstrates the company's commitment to growing its European packaging footprint and building strategic and collaborative relationships with its brand customers in the consumer packaged goods, food & beverage, consumer health and consumer device sectors.
This innovation center is forecasted to be completed in June 2017. It is anticipated that as many as 80 new jobs will be added once the production facility is completely built out and house the following key capabilities:
- A state-of-the-art Customer Engagement Center and showroom to highlight packaging trends and technology evolution,
- a leading-edge lab for project development and mold design and construction,
- a testing zone for prototype development designed to drive speed-to-market advancement,
- Jabil Plastics University classrooms for training customers and employees,
- a new warehouse offering 2000 m2 of additional space for injection molding and storage space,
- 1800 m2 for a new molds and matrices production center.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.