First Injection World Molding Forum
Applied Market Information AMI and Injection World magazine have launched the program for the first Injection World Molding Forum, bringing together expert speakers from across the North American molding industry and supply chain to discuss the business and processing trends driving this fast developing market.
The Injection World Molding Forum is a conference for the North American injection molding sector and takes place on 17-18 June 2014 at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Technologies to be covered at the two-day event include in-mold assembly, multi-component molding, lightweight thermoplastic composite processing, cold cure LSR over-molding, film insert in-mold decoration and surface finishing, co-injection molding, cyclical mold temperature control, molded interconnect manufacturing, physical foaming and active gate management.
The list of high level speakers includes:
- Michael Araten, President and CEO of plastic construction toy maker and injection molder K’Nex Brands, who will talk about manufacturing in the US and the benefits that accrue from reshoring injection molding production.
- DuPont Global Automotive Technology Director Jeffrey Sternberg, who will look at how the changing requirements of the automotive industry and its demands for more fuel efficient vehicles will drive innovation in plastic materials.
- Engel Machinery North America President Mark Sankovitch will review global molding technology and investment trends and discuss the changing requirements of North American injection molding companies.
- Chris Hwang, Research Associate at Lux Research, will speak about the potential for LEDs in the lighting sector and what that means for molders in terms of material requirements and supply chain demands.
- AMI Research Director Andrew Reynolds will explore the changing structure of the US molding industry and identify the critical factors for developing a successful business strategy.
Further speakers come from Advaltech Foboha, Elmet North America, KraussMaffei, Macdermid Autotype, Mold-Masters, PolyOne, Roctool, Select Connect Technologies, Solvay Engineering Plastics, Stratasys, Synventive, Trexel and Wittmann Battenfeld.
Would you like to subscribe to our Newsletters on plastics technology and profit from the latest information?
Looking for a new challenge? Check out our jobs market!
Patents encourage innovation: Stay on the ball with the latest innovations in the plastics industry in our patents section.